We are hiring and would love to hear from you. Please email your CV and tell us why you'd love this role at SEED. We look forward to hearing from you! Email email@example.com
We are hiring and would love to hear from you. Please email your CV and tell us why you’d love this role at SEED. We look forward to hearing from you!
Photography & Web Content Coordinator
Hours: 2-3 days a week, 10am – 5.30pm (including weekend work), every other Saturday and 1 Sunday/month
- Photographing product and lifestyle shots for website and social media
- Editing, cropping, adjusting colour balance on website photography in Photoshop
- Managing photography for website and social media
- Creating categories, new product pages and entering product descriptions and details in backend of website
- Contacting artists and makers with regard to Artist of the Month and updating on website
- Forward planning banner images and liaising with design agency to complete task
- Regular and proactive contribution to SEED website blog
- Working closely with SEO manager to fully optimise site
- Project coordination of our key seasonal launches (eg. Christmas, Mother’s Day, Valentines etc.)
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of campaigns utilising Google Analytics
- SEED website updates as required, including adding product information, artist information
- Maintenance and pro-active updating of scheduled SEED Facebook and Twitter accounts including daily posting on Instagram account via scheduling
- Contributing ideas, collating and distributing SEED newsletter via Mailchimp
- Maintenance and update of customer email mailing list in MailChimp
- Instigate, preparation and distribution of customer competitions when necessary
- Preparation of written designer profiles for use as marketing tools and information in the shop
- Customer liaison: greeting customers who enter the shop, assisting them to find the goods and products they are looking for, answering customer queries/complaints, processing cash and card payments, dealing with customer refunds/exchanges.
- Shop opening and closing procedures: accurate reconciliation of till and PDQ, keeping the shop tidy and clean (this includes cleaning windows, hovering, mopping and dusting), shop security (i.e. remaining vigilant to shoplifters, fraudulent credit cards etc), securing the shop at the end of the day.
- Stock management: pricing stock, replenishing display stock, notifying Manager of stock requirements, receiving and storing stock deliveries, completion of annual stock take in conjunction with Manager.
- Liaising with artists and designers: arranging commissions, ordering replenishment stock, requesting product/biographical information.
- Shop display: keeping up to date with special promotions, creating displays for new stock, proactively refreshing displays when necessary to ensure shop looks fresh at all times.
- Web shop support: packaging orders ready for posting, posting web orders, dealing with returns, booking couriers.
- Attending any activation of the burglar alarm at the store
- Photography and editing experience
- Experience in social media for business use, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and blogs
- Previous relevant retail experience is ideal but not essential; ideally 2 or more years working in a similar retail environment
- A friendly and engaging personality with a smart appearance; comfortable working with the public
- Should have a confident manner; confident enough to make informed decisions independent of the Manager when necessary
- Able to work as part of a team and independently, largely you’ll be working on your own in the shop. Self-motivation, level headedness, calm nature and the ability to use initiative essential
- Ability to think on feet and use initiative, often situations might need to be resolved in the moment.
- Articulate and comfortable with copywriting for marketing purposes
- Organised with good time management skills
- Super proactive, highly organised, strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Good numerical skills, with great commercial acumen and good level in using Excel